sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

It’s that spooky  time of year where people are running around in costumes, bat-themed candies are at every store and people are doing jump scares irl. 

Yes. You know what holiday I’m talking about. It’s only the best holiday of the year (okay maybe I’m bias.)

It’s Halloween y’all! 

Ever since I was a little girl, Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. From the costumes to the candy this witchy time period can be cherished no matter how old you are. 

When you’re young Halloween fun always involved dressing up as your favorite character or something frightening and going trick or treating with your friends. Now that we’re all older Halloween has changed too. We’re trading in walking around our neighborhood with going to parties and having scary movie marathons. And at every occasion sweet treats are a MUST!   

Whether you’re throwing a KILLER party or staying in with friends these seven spooky desserts are to DIE for. 

1. Chocolate Apple Cat faces

This may not read spooky but boyyyyy do they look DE-LISH! 

This takes candy apples to a whole new level. Chocolate on the outside, frosting, chips of chocolate for the ears… My mouth is watering. Let me stop. On to the next one!

2.  Blood Drip Cupcakes

OKAY, this is not just creative, this is super  cool as well. If you’re like me, I have zero talent in the kitchen, not unless you call licking the spoon a talent, but other than that, this is a dessert I’d probably mess up. It does look good though.

3.  Mummy Jalapeno Poppers

The table doesn’t always need to have candy or desserts, though it is traditional, I think everyone should have the choice to have something spicy in the mix. This is exactly what these are. Meet Mummy Jalapeno Poppers. Warning: Their not what they seem. These bad boys look cute as they are hot as hell!

4. Berry Eyeball Punch

Now, this is a classic. I love this idea so much that this Halloween, I’m actually going to try to make this. Berry Eyeball Punch is as spooky as it gets. How hilarious would it look when people watch you whip out your gym bottle and started drinking eyeballs? 

5.  Skeleton Cupcakes

I want to shove this into my mouth. As spooky as it looks, I’m a fan of vanilla cupcakes, but the skeleton is really creepy, and I might have to leave him on the side.

6. Trick or Treat Dessert Pizza

Blink twice before observing closely. I actually thought this was a regular mushroom pizza. It’s not. From the looks of it, some really sweet stuff is piled on.

7. Voodoo Doll Cookies

This last one really says Halloween, but with  gingerbread. Transforming the Christmas time traditional cookie into a Halloween treat… HOW MORTIFYING. *Gasps* Just kidding guys, it’s really cool and I bet it even tastes delicious. Try it out! 

Well, that’s all I got! Halloween is just around the corner and it’s ready to crawl out from under your bed and join you at the table. I hope you liked these ideas because this is the only time of the year where everyone’s inner scare comes out!                            

Scare-ya later!

Devashri Narayan

St. John's '23

A woman who wants her voice heard and changes to happen.
Chanelle Norman

St. John's '20

Chanelle is a graduate of St. John's University '20 and former Editor-in-Chief for the chapter. When she's not sleeping for ungodly hours at a time she spends her time reading, writing and watching movies. She's pursuing her dreams of working in the book industry.