Abhishek Joshi '18

Name:  Abhishek Joshi (But everyone just calls me Abhi)

Age: 20

Year: Sophomore

Major: Journalism, with a minor in TV & Film

Fraternity: Phi Delta Theta

When and Why did you join greek life?

I became a part of Greek Life last semester when my fraternity decided to open its chapter here and I joined in since I loved the idea of being a Founding Father and not a pledge or rushee.

Aside from greek life, how else are you involved on campus?

I am a staff writer for the Torch, I am the Chair of Social Media for Irish Society, I am also a Section Editor for Her Campus, and I have played Intramural Volleyball and Softball.

What's your favorite memory at St John's so far?

My first morning here as a resident student. I moved in before everyone else since I was a Student Mover Volunteer, and when I woke up on my first day here there was this realisation that this campus was my home for the next 8 months and it was a priceless feeling.

If you could change anything about your college experience, would you? If so, what?

In all honesty, I am just thankful for how my experience has been since its only been all pleasant things, but if I did have a girlfriend, I feel it would change everything in a few ways while not really having any major effect. It would be interesting.

What are your career aspirations?

I really wish to work for Condé Nast Publications but on a long term I wish to have a job that will help me travel a lot while giving me the luxury of calling New York City my home.