More Nanowrimo tips by puppies – here’s Part 1!
6. Celebrate little victories like finishing a chapter or every 1000 words with rewards to keep your spirits up (an afternoon out with friends, a movie, etc.).
7. Write with a buddy so you can bounce ideas off each other and have someone to talk through the parts of your writing you might be struggling with.
8. Don’t get bogged down with editing. As Shannon Hale says ““I’m writing a first draft and reminding myself that I’m simply shovelling sand into a box so that later I can build castles.”
9. Decorate and customize your writing space so you feel comfortable there, creating a positive environment for when you’re writing.
10. Switching writing spaces sometimes can be useful too, as a change in environment can be inspiring.
11. Keep a notebook close at hand: You never know when inspiration will strike!
12. If your plot has veered off-course from your original outline, don’t worry. Explore new directions and characters you didn’t plan for :D
13. Write, write, and write. HAVE FUN!
Have a great weekend, and good luck to all Nanowrimo writers! :D