This is the perfect recipe for a cosy night in, and is actually my preferred choice against the meat version. Although it takes some time, it’s well worth it for the end result, and is so easy – a great way to impress your friends at a dinner party.
To steal a quote from my housemate, “it has all the best things in life: cheese, veg, and pasta.”
- 5 peppers (colour of your choice – I like a bit of a mixture)
- 2 courgettes
- 2 aubergines
- Vegetable oil
- 300g pack fresh lasagne sheets
- 2 500g jars tomato sauce
- 2 500g jars white lasagne sauce
- 2-3 balls mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line two baking sheets with tin foil and drizzle some oil on them.
- Chop up the vegetables into chunks – about 1cm thick.
- Arrange the vegetables onto the baking sheets and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25-30 mins until soft and golden brown.
- Reduce the oven temp to 180°C.
- In an ovenproof dish (or two) line the bottom with an even layer of vegetables.
- Top with a thin layer of tomato sauce.
- Arrange the lasagne sheets on top (you may need to cut them to fit/play some lasagne tetris).
- Spread a thin layer of white sauce on top of the pasta.
- Repeat steps 4-7 until you have filled the dish(es) – you should finish with the white sauce on top.
- Crumble up the mozzarella and arrange it evenly on the top.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 mins until bubbling and the top is crisp and golden brown.
- Serve immediately with a green salad and some garlic bread.