This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

This is the perfect recipe for a cosy night in, and is actually my preferred choice against the meat version. Although it takes some time, it’s well worth it for the end result, and is so easy – a great way to impress your friends at a dinner party.

To steal a quote from my housemate, “it has all the best things in life: cheese, veg, and pasta.”

Ingredients:

• 5 peppers (colour of your choice – I like a bit of a mixture)
  • 2 courgettes
  • 2 aubergines
  • Vegetable oil
  • 300g pack fresh lasagne sheets
  • 2 500g jars tomato sauce
  • 2 500g jars white lasagne sauce
  • 2-3 balls mozzarella

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line two baking sheets with tin foil and drizzle some oil on them.
  2. Chop up the vegetables into chunks – about 1cm thick.
  3. Arrange the vegetables onto the baking sheets and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25-30 mins until soft and golden brown.
  4. Reduce the oven temp to 180°C.
  5. In an ovenproof dish (or two) line the bottom with an even layer of vegetables.
  6. Top with a thin layer of tomato sauce.
  7. Arrange the lasagne sheets on top (you may need to cut them to fit/play some lasagne tetris).
  8. Spread a thin layer of white sauce on top of the pasta.
  9. Repeat steps 4-7 until you have filled the dish(es) – you should finish with the white sauce on top.
  10. Crumble up the mozzarella and arrange it evenly on the top.
  11. Bake in the oven for about 45 mins until bubbling and the top is crisp and golden brown.
  12. Serve immediately with a green salad and some garlic bread.

Bon appetit!

Bea Bennett

St. Andrews

Freya Liddell

St. Andrews

3rd Year History student at St Andrews