This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Spelman chapter.

Sex has always been something people, women especially, don’t like to talk about. Personally, I think we need to talk about women’s sexual experiences more often than we do. The female body is such a complex thing and when it comes to sex our bodies get even more complex. For example, did you know that there are different types of orgasms? First of all, what is an orgasm? It is the climax of sexual excitement; it’s usually characterized by feelings of pleasure centered in the genitals. Although it is easy to interpret an orgasm in men due to the accompaniment of ejaculation, for women orgasms need to be interpreted through more than just biological responses. Before a woman can begin to think about an orgasm and everything surrounding it, research must be done to get to know your body. You must also know the different types of orgasms that can be achieved and how they relate to your body. Here’s a list of the different types of female orgasms.

1. Clitoral Orgasm

This type of orgasm occurs during the stimulation of the clitoris. These orgasms are often felt on the surface of your body, it’s often described as a tingly feeling along your skin and in your brain. 

1. Vaginal Orgasm

These orgasms are deeper in the body and can be easily felt by the person penetrating the vagina due to the pulsing of the vaginal walls.

1. Combination Orgasm

These are a result of the vagina – particularly the G-spot – and the clitoris are stimulated at the same time. This type of orgasms usually results in a more explosive orgasm that may have convulsing or ejaculation.

1. Erogenous Zones

These are the lesser-known parts of your body, such as your ears, nipples, neck, elbows, and knees. Stimulation of these parts can cause a pleasurable reaction and continuous stimulation may even lead to an orgasm. This is why foreplay is an IMPORTANT part of making the sexual experience pleasurable for women. 

Now due to this just basic research about stimulation that would lead to orgasms. I deeply encourage you to do more research about stimulation and not only that but to take it upon yourself to find what works for you. This could be done all by yourself sis! There are so different types of sex toys that are made to help you achieve different types of orgasms. Click the link at the end of this article to find a ranking of some of the best sex toys and try some of them out!

My name is Amarah Gray and currently I am a sophomore at the Spelman College. I am an English major Secondary Education minor. Upon graduating from the illustrious Spelman College I plan to teach high school English and become a high school principal in hopes of one day becoming the superintendent of schools. My passions include educating others, financial literacy education, and educational policies. I enjoy writing as a creative outlet which is why I am super excited to have joined the HER Campus chapter at my college. I hope to bring a fresh perspective to the HER Campus Spelman College chapter.