kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Southern Miss chapter.

The holidays are over and it’s a new year. Most of you have probably made New Year’s resolutions and a handful of them are most likely to shed those holiday pounds and get in shape. Creating a workout schedule that works well with a busy lifestyle- as most of us college students have- is extremely difficult and makes it harder to stick to your fitness resolution. However, finding a good workout is easier than you think.

The first place that I recommend going, isn’t the gym. It’s dailyhiit.com. A friend told me about a dailyhiit workout that she heard about and found on youtube. I went and watched one of the many dailyhiit workout videos on youtube and have been doing a simple workout everyday for the past week. Whether you find the workouts on youtube or on dailyhiit.com, doesn’t matter. The website, dailyhiit.com provides a free workout a day and most of the workouts are simple and not too time consuming so they are great for doing in your dorm when you have a little bit of free time. They also have great programs to sign up for, like 30 Day Challanges, that will send you a 12 minute workout a day. An example of one of the workouts is as follows: 

1. 180 Ninja Jump Tucks

2. Bent Body Push-ups

3. Lateral Touch Towns

4. Plank Kick-Out

Each interval is 50 seconds, with 10 second interval mountian climbers inbetween and is repeated two times. The e-mails have the workouts listed and also a YouTube link so you can follow along with a video.

Doing simple workouts, like the ones that dailyhiit.com provides, are a great way to ease your way into getting in shape. Doing workouts like these also make it easier for you to stick to a plan because they easily fit into a schedule and can become part of your routine. 

So, here’s to getting fiit and staying fiit this 2014!

Abby Smith

Southern Miss

Abby Smith is a Freshman Broadcast Journalism major. She is a recent graduate of Sacred Heart High School and has spent her whole life in Hattiesburg, MS, but hopes to one day move to a big city and pursue a career in Journalism. Abby loves photography, traveling, running, and the outdoors.