USC Fashion Series: Taylor Davis, Boutique Owner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Meet Taylor Davis, owner of The Pink Rooster Boutique and HCSC member! Read on to learn the ins and outs of what it’s like to own a boutique (and check out their awesome clothes too!).

Her Campus South Carolina: Dream job?

Taylor Davis: I would love to be a publicist for a country music singer in Nashville. I am obsessed with country music.

HCSC: What made you want to start this brand?

TD: I really love boutique clothing, but it has always been expensive. I wanted to bring an online store to women that sold the same boutique clothes, but at a cheaper price. Since I am a girl (pink) and I go to USC (gamecock/rooster) it just came to me.

HCSC: What made you interested in fashion?

TD: I have always been interested in fashion. I think it’s fun and it’s a wonderful way to express yourself. The right clothes can do a lot for someones self-esteem, which is important.

HCSC: What are your plans for (T.P.R.B) in the future?

TD: I would love to keep expanding. I’m hoping to one day be able to open a physical storefront. I have been trying different advertising methods and even started doing live unboxing videos which our customers really enjoy watching.

HCSC: What does (T.P.R.B) sell?

We sell mostly young contemporary style clothing. The way that we purchase is from these huge fashion brands, usually online. We recently went to Market in Atlanta and bought our fall collection. We are hoping to visit Atlanta in October for the market again. Right now our most popular items are the off the shoulder tops and the lace up tops. People love them!

Check out The Pink Rooster Boutique: www.ThePinkRoosterBoutique.com

Instagram/Facebook: @ThePinkRoosterBoutique

Reilly Tuccinard

South Carolina

Reilly Tuccinard is a University of South Carolina graduate with a love of writing, reading and learning. After spending two years as the Beauty Editor for Her Campus Media and the Editor-in-Chief of HC South Carolina, she is focusing on a career in creative strategy. Friends will tell you she's a a self-proclaimed Grey's Anatomy addict, she can't just watch a movie once and she is a firm believer in anything and everything chocolate.