USC Fashion Series: Laura McNaughton, Founder of Cock Tops

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Meet fourth-year psychology and business student, Laura McNaughton. Laura is the owner and founder ot Cock Tops. If you don’t already know, Cock Tops are a must have for your gameday attire. Read on to see how Laura came up with the idea and how you can get your own!

Her Campus South Carolina: Did you come up with the name? If so, what inspired it?

Laura McNaughton: I came up with the name myself. I wanted something short and catchy and “COCKS” is what is written across most products. I was in the car and Bad and Boujee was on the radio. I randomly thought of Cock Tops as it nearly rymed. Embarrassing, I know.

HCSC: What are some things Cock Tops sells?

LM: As of now, there are black, garnett, and white bandeaus. The garnett is more like a bralet, and the black and white are longer like a crop top.

HCSC: What are the most popular item(s) at Cock Tops?

LM: 100% the garnett top! They’re almost sold out for the time being!

HCSC: How can people buy your products?

LM: Follow Cocktops on Instagram and send a DM! All you have to do is provide which color you would like. Once the top is finished, a picture will be sent to the customer to make sure they like the final product. Once that is set, I will meet with the person. I accept venmo or cash once they physically receive the top!

Check Cock Tops out on Instagram: @cocktops

Black $25, White $25, Garnet $28

Reilly Tuccinard

South Carolina

Reilly Tuccinard is a University of South Carolina graduate with a love of writing, reading and learning. After spending two years as the Beauty Editor for Her Campus Media and the Editor-in-Chief of HC South Carolina, she is focusing on a career in creative strategy. Friends will tell you she's a a self-proclaimed Grey's Anatomy addict, she can't just watch a movie once and she is a firm believer in anything and everything chocolate.