This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Well, everyone, we have almost made it. I don’t know about your thoughts and feelings on the matter but I for sure cannot believe the year is almost over. As a freshman I was expecting this year to drag on, to be desperately wanting to leave Columbia and go back home by this time. I have been surprised, however, and I could not want the end of the year to be any further away. I miss my family with all of my heart, but I am going to miss the family I have formed here even more; my closest friend from USC lives 6.5 hours away.

www.giphy.com

If you are done with school however and cannot wait for your last final to be over: keep going. This year has for most of us has been full of many ups and downs, but we are almost done! The sweet smell of summer is in the air and it is almost within our grasp. In this time of feverishly finishing your midterms, studying for finals, and doing whatever else needs to be done before we leave just remember to take some time to reflect on this year.

If you had some times which could have gone in a better direction, see what you can do to improve and take that energy into your final exams. If you are a lucky one, and this year went off without a hitch, congrats! Keep your goals in mind as we close out this year.

I know as I look back on this year, I am most proud of not the grades I have received or the things I have accomplished outside of the classroom, but of the person I have grown into. Take away from this year the amount in which you have matured and come even more into your own. You will graduate; you will find a job; you will be successful, but always remember to see your personal growth throughout all of the tangible accomplishments.

Good luck in this upcoming month, go Gamecocks, and thank you, Columbia, for an unforgettable year.

Abby Davies

South Carolina '22

U of SC '22. Public Health major.
Katie Graybill

South Carolina '20

Katie is a journalism student at the University of South Carolina. She loves the beach, traveling, writing, and spending time with her pets!