Here’s Everything You Need to Know About the Zenni x HCSC Tour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

In case you missed it on November 1st, Her Campus South Carolina hosted the Zenni Optical x Her Campus mobile pop-up in one of our favorite spots, Greene Street. In front of Russell House, we had over 500 girls, guys, staff members, parents and visitors stop by to check it out and see what it was all about. You could hear the music as you were walking towards the event and the brightly-lit trailer radiated positive energy as the staff members took to each new person walking up. Often times, the tabling and sales setups on Greene Street can be somewhat intimidating, with people coming at you from every angle, trying to get you to join or buy whatever it is they’re promoting. People were in for a shock when our team members in their adorable “The Future Looks Bright” tee-shirts came up to them. Instead of selling something, we were giving it away!

Free sunglasses plus an adorable tote was a total selling point for people. Some people would walk away, hear what was going on, and then come right back to join in on the fun.

Zenni makes it so easy (and affordable) for college students to snag some cute eyewear, both sunglasses, and regular glasses. Bonus: you can make any pair of sunglasses prescription. They don’t have any stores, everything is online, and prices start at $6.95. I’ve been taking my Premium Cat Eye Sunglasses everywhere with me, and the quality of the metal frame is fantastic. They’re able to withstand tailgates, being thrown in my backpack when I’m running late to class, passed around and worn by my whole sorority and so much more I’ve yet to find out. Online orders take about two weeks from your time of purchase to the mailbox.

The trailer was set up by color, campus styles, face shape and the mirror spelled out “ZENNI”. The whole set up was apropos in regard to the energy that everyone brought with them. It was the perfect weather for everyone to leave while wearing more and more Zenni.

The Zenni team members were so helpful throughout this process and genuinely assisted us in making this an amazingly successful event for Her Campus. Between styling them just right, picking out the best glasses for your personality and face shape, and answering any and every question thrown at them, their team members truly exemplified how great the company is.

If you’re curious about some of the sweet glasses they have on sale right now, head on over to our other article, 5 Ways To Wear Zenni Optical This Season, for some of our favorite pairings.

Olivia Thompson

South Carolina '22

Hey y'all! My name is Olivia, a Freshman here at the (amazing) University of South Carolina and I am a Marine Science major with a minor in Spanish. I'm a member of Greek Life and an avid reality TV connoisseur. You can keep up with me and my adventures on Instagram @viarose11
Bri Hamlin

South Carolina '19

Hello, it's Bri (to the tune of Adele please). I am a senior at USC Columbia and am not currently thirty, flirty, and thriving, but twenty-one, anxious, and trying will sure do.