This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

As soon as the leaves turn color, thoughts of warm, yummy meals crowd my head. With the chilly weather approaching, there’s nothing better than hearty and comforting food to fill our tummies and warm our souls. Here’s what’s on my menu to make this fall:

Turkey Chili

My mom has been making this turkey chili recipe for as long as I can remember. It is the epitome of a comfort meal in the fall, bound to make you want to curl up on the couch right after. The pasilla chile peppers make this turkey chili unlike any other that you have ever had.

Chicken Paprikash

If you’re looking for a quick meal to make during the week this season, this is the one. With only 7 simple ingredients, chicken paprikash is one of the most time-efficient, delicious dinners. Quick tip: I usually use chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces for this recipes — I’ve found that gets the meat the most tender.

Sun-dried tomato and goat cheese chicken

I would be lying if I said that I didn’t make this for dinner three times in the past two weeks. If you like goat cheese (or even if you don’t, honestly), you will quickly become obsessed with this meal. I usually use extra goat cheese when I make this — because why not?

Butternut squash mac n’ cheese

O-M-G. This classic comfort dish is elevated in the perfect autumn-esque manner with butternut squash and goat cheese. While at first I was, admittedly, a bit nervous to test out this recipe, it did not disappoint. The fresh thyme was the ultimate game-changer — it was hard to stop eating this mac n’ cheese.

creamy Tuscan CHicken

I have made this recipe for my family, my extended family, and my friends, who then made it again themselves. If there is one comfort meal that I could make every Sunday this fall, it would be this chicken. You can serve it alone or over rice/pasta. The freshly grated Parmesan is key — do not skimp out on this step!

Sarah Heyman

South Carolina '24

Sarah is the social media manager and a writer for the South Carolina Her Campus chapter. She manages all social media and posts content for her chapter. Sarah also writes editorial articles regularly. Sarah is a senior at the University of South Carolina studying Marketing. In her free time, Sarah likes to work out, spend time with family, and try new foods.