The Best Underrated Celebrity Couples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

If you’re like me, you get way too involved in your favorite on-screen couple’s love lives and it physically pains you to see them with someone else in real life. On the rare occasion that on-screen couple ends up together in real life, their break ups are even worse because you feel you go through the break up with them. If the on-screen couple that ends up together in real life happens to stay together, the joy is unmatched and you to feel like you should’ve received a personal invitation to the wedding. In no particular order, here are some of my favorite underrated celebrity couples that some people may not even know about.

1. (Denny from Grey’s Anatomy and Peyton from One Tree Hill) Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Hilarie Burton

Seriously, my heart is all with Peyton Sawyer, but not going to lie, it hurts seeing Denny with someone other than Izzie Stevens. Burton and Morgan met on a blind date (romantic) and later married in 2014. They have one child together named Augustus.

2. (Elena and Damon from Vampire Diaries) Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder

Although the two have since split, they will always be my favorite celeb couple and I can’t help but hold out hope they will get back together. The duo met while filming the binge-worthy series Vampire Diaries. In 2015, Ian married Nikki Reed (most well known as Rosalie Hale in the Twilight saga) and soon after Nina Dobrev quit Vampire Diaries (spoiler alert). Seems to me like Nina’s feelings aren’t quite behind her yet. 

3. (Nora and Tyler from Step Up) Jenna Dewan and Channing Tatum

Now this is a fairytale couple! I guarantee every girl in America is jealous that Jenna gets to wake up to see Channing Tatum’s face every morning. After meeting on set, Jenna and Channing got married the summer of 2009 and have since had one daughter named Everly.

4. (Co-stars of Scooby Doo and I Know What You Did Last Summer) Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr.

If you’re a 90s baby, then you know these two. They’re just two of the stars of the early 2000’s Scooby Doo movies. They’ve been together since 2000 and have two children together. They’ve played multiple supporting roles together and featured in multiple movies together. Can you say adorable?

5. (Penny and Leonard from Big Bang Theory) Kaley Cuoco and Johnny Galecki

Cuoco and Galecki dated for almost two years before splitting in 2010. They’re one of my favorite couples on the Big Bang Theory and I’m definitely rooting for them in real life. It was recently rumored that the two were getting back together after being seen canoodling, but both have shut down these rumors. Bummer.

6. Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner

These two met on the set of Valentine’s Day where they played high school sweethearts. Although after they broke up Taylor Swift went on to date John Mayer, Harry Styles, and more… how cute of a couple do they make? Rooting for you, Taylors.

7. Emily Blunt and John Krasinski (Jim from The Office)

Jim, what are you doing? That isn’t Pam. In order to accept that Jim and Pam weren’t a real life couple, I seriously had to sit down and contemplate everything. They are so perfect together in everyone’s favorite sitcom, The Office, but in real life John Krasinski and Emily Blunt are a pretty good couple too (sigh).  Although there have been many rumors of John Krasinski and Jenna Fischer (Pam) having sparks in real life, they’ve never amounted to any truth.

8. (Troy Bolton and Gabriella Montez from High School Musical series) Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron

OK, so maybe this one isn’t completely underrated but they’re so cute that how could I not include them on the list? Troy and Gabriella stole everyone’s hearts in High School Musical. If you say you don’t like them together, you’re lying. Zac and Vanessa couldn’t make their relationship work throughout the course of the series, and many people say it’s because of the success they received and the jealousy that came with the success. I will always be rooting for Gabriella and Troy, who wouldn’t be? 

HCXO,

Page

Page Buckman

South Carolina

Page is a Public Relations major at the University of South Carolina. In her free time she enjoys watching Netflix, playing with her dog, and eating mozzarella sticks.
SC Contributor

South Carolina