books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

7 Stages of Your All-Nighter at TCoop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

At some point in the semester, you’ll probably find yourself having to pull an all-nighter at TCoop. It takes mental preparation and incredible amounts of caffeine, and chances are you’ll be going through these stages.

1. The Layout

You unload your back pack, straighten your papers, and act like you have your life together.

2. The Caffeine Intake

You realize you have no idea where to start…it’s going to be a long night.

3. Confusion

You have the realization that you have no idea what you’re doing and stare blankly at all of your books.

4. The Regret

You begin to question why you haven’t dropped out yet—you could definitely make it as a stripper.

5. The Anger

You’re angry at your teachers for the homework, college for being hard, and yourself for pushing all of this work until the last minute…again.

6. The Tears

You’ve officially given up and are so overwhelmed and tired, that the only thing you can do at this point, is cry.

7. Acceptance

You’ve finally accepted there’s nothing else you can do, it’s time to walk out and see the sunrise.

SC Contributor

South Carolina

Reilly Tuccinard

South Carolina

Reilly Tuccinard is a University of South Carolina graduate with a love of writing, reading and learning. After spending two years as the Beauty Editor for Her Campus Media and the Editor-in-Chief of HC South Carolina, she is focusing on a career in creative strategy. Friends will tell you she's a a self-proclaimed Grey's Anatomy addict, she can't just watch a movie once and she is a firm believer in anything and everything chocolate.