Career

4th Annual In Her Shoes Event Creates Networking Opportunities for Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

The Her Campus South Carolina team hosted its fourth annual In Her Shoes event on Tuesday at 701 Whaley. The event brought influential women from around Columbia to speak to USC students.

With panels including How to be a Girl Boss, Leading a Healthy Lifestyle, and Building Your Personal Brand, attendees got first hand advice from successful women in their industry. Although the panelists come from different backgrounds, a common theme remained the same: work hard for what you hope to achieve.

And as the keynote speaker, Sam Bleiweis from WIS 10 told attendees: “sometimes you have to hustle to get what you want.”

Attendees were given raffle tickets as they checked in to the event to be used towards the eight different giveaways. To earn additional tickets, the Her Campus team took “social currency,” any sort of social media post resulted in more tickets. The giveaways were sponsored by local businesses, including Vestique, Wildflower Boutique, Browtopia, Za’s Pizza, Bone-In Barbeque, Village Idiot, Cantina 76 and Southern Squeezed.

And to top it all off, the event included a fun photo wall, iced coffee bar and donut display, courtesy of Dunkin’ Donuts.

To keep up with upcoming Her Campus South Carolina events, be sure to follow the team’s social media @hcsouthcarolina!

Becca Brennan

South Carolina

.