This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Trevor Chapman, a new transfer student from Diablo Valley College, is running for AS President.  Trevor came into one of my classes last week to make his campaign speech and I was immediately hooked.  As an Early Childhood Development major, Political Science minor, and a local activist, I couldn’t see anyone better fit for this role at our current point in time.

Trevor promises to give students a voice.  The main issues he is focusing his campaign around are tuition, the asbestos problem in many of the buildings on campus, and making CAPS a more easily accessible place for all students.  His activism history includes rallying for Bernie Sanders, participating in healthcare rallies, and rallies all over the Bay Area post the 2017 Election. Trevor has strong policies, and wants his voice to count.  He has been a Students for Quality Education participant since he came to SSU. If elected, his team plans to tackle smaller issues and lobby for change as best they can.

After hearing Trevor speak, I was blown away.  He is the human embodiment of the phrase “Be the change you wish to see in the world”.  He spoke with passion and purpose, and just a hint of sarcasm. He was relatable to students, and to faculty while maintaining rock solid confidence that one could only be born with. After hearing him talk for almost an hour I wanted to be his best friend, I wanted to be his Vice President, I wanted to be part of his movement.

More Articles:

If My Resume Was Brutally Honest

Career Services To The Rescue

Tips For Your 8AM Class

Second year at SSU. Hobbies of mine include Photography, Writing, and Singing in the shower.
Contributor account for HC Sonoma