diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Profile: Victoria Jess

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Victoria Jess is a fifth year Kinesiology major at Sonoma State, specializing in Occupational Therapy. She has learned a lot in her time here at Sonoma and has gained some expereience in the process of applying to graduate schools. She’s passionate about her field of study, and hopes to someday have a career working with children in Occupational Therapy. Victoria has kindly taken the time to share with us her advice to students thinking about applying to graduate school and her experiences at SSU. 

Her Campus: What has been your favorite memory at SSU?

Victoria Jess: Meeting some of my closest friends. 

HC: What types of things have you been involved in during your time in college?

VJ: I was in a sorority; Alpha Gamma Delta, Kin Club, Redwood Pediatric Theropy (volunteer), El Coligo Preschool (volunteer), and I work at Ledson Winery. 

HC: What are general plans for after graduation?

VJ: First celebrate! I plan on working and earning money at my current job, while attending the JC to repeat some courses if they are needed for grad schools. After that, I plan to go to a Masters program, for a degree in pediatric Occupational Therapy, and then finally, get my Doctorate Degree. 

HC: What advice do you have for Juniors who are worried about what they will do after college? 

VJ: Don’t be scared to get started early. Getting a head start with help prepare you to get all the necessary steps completed for possibly applying to jobs or grad school after college. 

HC: What advice do you have for students thinking about, or planning on applying to graduate school?

VJ: Check out various options of programs and schools you want to apply to. Make sure you know the application deadline ahead of time and give yourself plenty of time to apply; and have all prerequisites and recommendations met. Secure multiple instructors, advisors, etc for recommendations and letters of reference. Find the prerequisites for each college and have them completed before applying. Also, have a back up plan! 

HC: Where has been your favorite place you have traveled?

VJ: Italy, France and Jamaica.

HC: What was your first concert?

VJ: Aaron Carter

HC: If you could have any super power what would it be and why?

VJ: Flying because you can get places faster and I want to travel the world. 

HC: What are your favorite summer actives?

VJ: Going to the beach, having barbeques, and playing beach games!

Hi my name is Sara and I'm a Junior at Sonoma State. I am a Communication Studies major and passionate about Public Relations. I would love to work in Community Relations since giving back has always been something I love to do. I enjoy taking detailed photographs and also bringing my camera to events where I can take pictures of people enjoying time together. I also love painting whenever I have time and have painted on large canvases for a few people in high school. I was born and raised in a small beach town in San Diego, CA and am obsessed with the ocean and palm trees. Growing up I spent my summers at the beach playing around in the water and on the sand. I have grown such an immense appreciation for my home after going to college at Sonoma State.