This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Do Laundry Once A Week

It did take me awhile to realize the importance of this, but doing your laundry is one of the essential steps to feeling like a successful person in general.  Even if you’re lazy and don’t do your homework, if you do your laundry, it is a big step into feeling like a productive person.

Do Your Damn Dishes

Now this one can be tricky.  Obviously it’s easier to rinse off your dishes and deal with them later, but it’s truly so much easier to scrub them off and put them in the dishwasher.  This will also make your roommates happy because they won’t end up having to clean them for you.

Clorox Is Your Best Friend

Clorox gets your kitchen countertops clean in a flash! I use Clorox wipes for literally everything! Also the more often you disinfect countertops in your kitchen and bathroom, the less likely you are to get sick.  Stay healthy and use the hell out of those clorox wipes!

Vacuum Every Few Weeks

Dust and hair buildup is quite honestly one of the most satisfying things to vacuum.  Your room will also just feel so much cleaner in general once you’ve taken a vacuum to it.

Clean Consistently

Who likes to live in a mess?  Personally I can’t go 2 days without cleaning my dorm to some degree.  Whether it’s putting my clothes away, or wiping down the countertops, I just feel so much better after I’ve cleaned something.