nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

Tips for Locking Down That Summer Internship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Soka chapter.

An important part of securing your future is taking advantage of your summers while in college. We know it’s tempting to relax all summer long and decompress from the stressful school year, but you won’t regret spending your time gaining new experiences and building your resume at a summer internship. We’ll get you started; this is our advice on how to secure a summer internship. 

Use SUA’s many resources whether the career center or PBRC scholarships Amanda B.

Time management Miku O.

Do a lot of research Sophie R.

Start searching early and don’t be afraid to contact alumni or upperclassmenMegan C.

I’ve been contacting many companies by searching online. It is good to explore various types of jobs for the future – Megumi O.

Start early and be open to new experiences – Monet S.

Make an honest resume and be yourself in your interviews and applicationsAnju O.

Nellie Hultman is currently a sophomore at Soka University of America where she is studying Social and Behavioral Sciences. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Soka. After living in 6 countries, she has developed a love for traveling, meeting new people, experiencing different cultures, and trying new foods (lots of it). She hopes to continue traveling the world throughout her life. She plans to attend law school after college, and she desires to build a life focused on inspiring, empowering, and serving others. When she’s not doing homework or thinking about ways to change the world, you can find her researching unsolved crimes, singing in the car, watching Seinfeld… or eating.