These Groceries Will Spice Up Your Dining Hall Meals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

The dining hall can get old when you have the same meals every week. Hit up the grocery store on those lazy Sunday mornings to grab some healthy snack items and groceries to add to your dining hall meals.

Berries

Strawberries, blueberries and blackberries are great to add to yogurt, salads or to have plain as a snack.

Nut Butter

Plain peanut butter or almond butter are great to add to peanut butter banana toast, to use as dip with pretzels or apples, or to stir into yogurt for some extra protein and flavor.

Image courtesy of Trader Joe’s Fearless Flyer

Trail Mix

This is a great healthy snack to pack for between classes, just make sure to eat more than just the M&M’s.

Avocado

Add this to scrambled eggs, make avocado toast, or add to salad for some healthy fat and extra flavor.

Pomegranate Seeds

These are great to add on avocado toast, salads, or to yogurt. Make sure not to spill on your clothes, because these delicious seeds can stain!

Dried Fruit

Although they have a higher sugar content that fresh fruit, these are non-perishable and serve as a great snack to put in your bag for class.

Nuts

Sliced Almonds, candied Walnuts, and cashews are great to add to salads, or to munch on as is.

Karna is a Junior at Southern Methodist University studying Public Relations, Advertising, and English. She is the Social Media Director for Her Campus SMU, as well as a member of STUMO and Alpha Chi Omega. She is from Orange County, California and loves going to the beach and spending time with her younger sisters when visiting home. When she is not studying, Karna is usually exploring Dallas, listening to country music, or updating her blog, Simply Karna.
We are the SMU Team.