How to make Thanksgiving dinner in your dorm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Not going home this Thanksgiving? Just want to have a mock Thanksgiving dinner with your friends before you leave for break? Below are some ways to copy the traditional Thanksgiving dinner in your own dorm room. All you need is a microwave and some ingredients from the grocery store! Check out the ingredients and directions below:

What you need:

• Microwave
  • Turkey (either buy thick-cut, pre-sliced turkey or have it carved at the deli)
  • Easy Mac (or any other microwavable mac and cheese)
  • Rolls (buy from the bakery department in the grocery store)
  • Canned Green Beans
  • Stouffers Cream Spinach (the frozen kind that can be microwaved)
  • Pumpkin Pie (most bakeries sell baked pies or slices of pie this time of year)
  • Reddi-Wip (for the pie, optional)

All the things above can be prepared in the microwave (follow package directions). Some things are pre-made and ready to serve.

Extra: To make your dorm Thanksgiving feast even more legitimate, purchase some cheap pillows and blankets from a home goods store (or Target/Walmart). Lay out the blanket on the floor and surround with the pillows for a picnic-style place to enjoy your feast. Also purchase plastic plates and cutlery. It could be fun to purchase games, such as Cards Against Humanity, for after dinner. Invite your friends and enjoy! 

Courtesy of giphy.com

Feature Image: Courtesy of Pinterest

Christina is a sophomore at SMU studying Advertising and Fashion Media. When not writing, she enjoys cooking, exploring Dallas, and playing with her pug puppy, Stella. You can follow her on Instagram @prettylittlemyers. 
We are the SMU Team.