Dorm Dishes: No-Bake Oreo Truffles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Ever want to make a decadent dessert without having access to an oven? This Oreo Truffle recipe is perfect for college students without extravagant kitchens!

Here’s what you need:

1 package of Double Stuffed Oreos

4 oz of cream cheese, softened

1 package of baking chocolate (you can use any flavor!)

1 package of white chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:

1. Place Oreos in a gallon sized plastic bag.

2. Crush Oreos with your least favorite textbook until they are finely crushed. (This is a great way to let out some anger!)

3. Pour the Oreos into a popcorn bowl you have laying around and add the cream cheese.

4. Knead it with your hands until it is fully incorporated into the Oreos.

5. Shape the dough into bite-sized balls with your hands and lay them out some wax paper.

6. Once you’ve used up all your dough, chill the truffles in your refrigerator for at least one hour (maybe use the textbook from earlier and get some studying done!).

7. When your truffles are generally firm, take them out of the refrigerator. Melt the baking chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until it completely smooth and melted.

8. Using two spoons, dip the cold Oreo truffles into the melted chocolate until they’re coated all around (Tip: Let the excess chocolate drip off so you don’t make a mess like I did).

9. Place the chocolate-dipped desserts back on the wax paper.

10. Optional: Melt some white chocolate chips in the microwave and use a spoon to drizzle it on the truffles.

11. Stick the truffles back into the fridge to chill.

And voila! You have now made the perfect bite-sized dessert to share or to eat in one sitting! No oven needed!

SaveSave

We are the SMU Team.