Bye Dorms, Hello Apartments: Your Guide to 4 Chic Dallas Digs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

So, it’s time you leave that tiny claustrophobic room for something bigger and better. Say bye to your dorm and hello to your future apartment. The biggest step in being independent, and you’re officially doing it. Being in the heart of Dallas makes it not the easiest task to find your dream apartment given the fact that there are hundreds, so we decided to narrow it down to a couple of our favorites based on location, look and price. Also, near SMU campus. 

1. Galleries at Park Lane: If you want a fully furnished apartment with a modern feel, then this is the place for you. It’s gorgeous from the outside and inside but might be a little bit pricey. The price ranges from $1240-$3477 so you might want to make sure it’s in your budget. Let’s not forget the amenities it includes a golf lounge, allows up to two pets and also includes a clubhouse. This could be the apartment you want. 

2. Gallery at Turtle Creek: If you want chic, this is your go-to apartment. It’s absolutely stunning and prices start as low as $968, so worth the deal! You can have pets and it even has a dog park has a two-level fitness center and multiple resident lounges. Might be a little farther from campus but still within a reasonable distance. 

3. Post Square: Do you like the villa look or more so you’re not very into modern, well post square apartments is that combination. It allows pets (always a winning point), it has a club house and the prices start from $1155 but it’s also a great location if you like Uptown. You’re basically within walking distance to Uptown and will never have to shell out for ubers again. So all in all, you’re saving money! 

4. The Mayflower: This one is our favorites. It’s so clean and crisp and beyond gorgeous. Stationed in the heart of Dallas, It has a perfect location also. It has a reasonable price starting at $1305 but once you see the apartment, you’ll see why. It’s brand new and allows pets and has a variety of gorgeous floor plans! It’s beyond crisp and clean, this is a must see!

We are the SMU Team.