This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

PSA: there is one week left until spring break. One week. That’s five days of classes. (Four, really. Friday classes are just a suggestion, right?) Our reward for making it this far and taking midterms is seven days of freedom. As we brace ourselves for the final days, here is a list of all the steps you go through while preparing for spring break.

1. Imagining an elaborate, movie-worthy trip with all your friends.

Via Giphy

2. Getting a serious slap in the face when you figure out how much work you have this semester.

Via Giphy

3. Losing confidence in your ability to survive this semster.

Via Giphy

4. Realizing spring break is way closer than you thought and you need to make plans.

Via Giphy

5. Dealing with that one friend who thinks it’s fun to bail out at the last minute.

Via Giphy

6. Responding to the professor when they say you need to stay focused.

Via Giphy

7. Psyching up your squad because none of you have dropped out yet and SB2k16 is a week away.

Via Giphy

8. Finally finishing your last midterm and embracing your freedom.

Via Giphy

9. Enjoying your frolicking. You’ve earned it.

Via Giphy

Feature image via kappit.com

Hannah Claire Brimelow is a Junior at Southern Methodist University, majoring in English and Communication Studies and minoring in French. After her December 2016 graduation, Brimelow intends to continue on to law school and, eventually, work on international adoption policy and children's rights issues. When not writing for Her Campus SMU, she enjoys traipsing around around the world and pretending she's a Texas native.
We are the SMU Team.