5 Home decor stores to style your Dallas apartment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Moving off-campus is a significant step in college. You’re truly on your own for the first time. You have the freedom to cook what you want, dress how you want and say what you want without having to think twice by checking with your dorm mate. However, the process of moving is stressful. Physically moving everything you own into an apartment and organizing could make you feel like crying. And let’s not forget the most stressful part of it all: decorating your apartment. Finding the right items to match your desired color scheme or theme can seem eternal, especially when you’re starting from scratch.

But there is a light at the end of this tunnel. To make the transition easier, here’s a list of furniture and home décor websites that have everything from sofas to succulents.

The following list is organized by range, starting with stores located in Dallas and branching out to national websites.

Courtesy of Facebook

1.  Nebraska Furniture Mart

Nebraska Furniture Mart is similar to IKEA, except they offer free delivery and assembly. In this giant warehouse, there are multiple floors with different themes and furniture combinations that appeal to people with varying tastes and inspire.

Courtesy of Facebook

2.  Dox Furniture

Dox has both in-store and online delivery, offers free returns and claims it sells its items up to 70 percent off retail. Dox carries pretty, trendy furniture pieces along with accents like bar stools, rugs and ottomans in patterns like chevron, Morocco and stripes.

Courtesy of Facebook

1. West Elm

West Elm is a contemporary furniture and home décor store, with stores in Dallas (check out the Mockingbird Station location, right next to campus!) and online. Items like succulents, edgy art pieces, sectionals and bar carts can be seen with an industrial and organic theme carrying over.

Courtesy of Facebook

1. Joss & Main

Joss & Main is an online store carrying designer items at heavily discounted prices- think of Overstock but for furniture and home décor. The best thing about this website is that it categorizes items not only by purpose but also by theme. From industrial to shabby chic, Joss & Main stores incredible items that will make your apartment feel like home.

Courtesy of Facebook

1. Dot & Bo

Similar to Joss & Main, Dot & Bo is an online store carrying discounted retail items. However, Dot & Bo carries more accent and decorative items in addition to pricing their furniture less expensive than Joss & Main. You have to order while you can though, because once an item is gone, it is unlikely to be restocked.

Olivia is a Contributing Writer for Her Campus and a junior at Southern Methodist University. Her intended major is Journalism with a minor in Business Management. At SMU, she is the Managing Editor for SMU Campus Weekly and an associate for the Best Buddies program. In her free time, Olivia can be found eating sushi, cuddling her dog Arlow or working out. Be sure to follow her on Snapchat @livnguyen.
We are the SMU Team.