4 Vegetarian Dallas Spots that Hit the Spot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Vegetarians in Dallas have a bad rep. In a world of smoked barbeque meats and burger joints as institutions, veggie frenzy isn’t exactly favored. However, with Dallas folks looking towards the trendier, healthier side, I figured I’d build a map for those waiting to board the veggie train. Here are four top notch vegetarian eateries in Dallas. Let’s go!

1. Cosmic Café

Image via Dallas Observer

This whimsical space looks like its straight out of a Wes Anderson film.

Cosmic Café serves up North Indian home cooking unlike any other restaurant in Dallas. There are also menu items such as Taco Trinity or Mandala Pizza for the more conventional palate.

Pro tip: Cosmic Café holds free yoga and meditation classes every day of the week. Check the site for more deets.

2. Arif Café

Image via Yelp

Okay, for number two we take a flight to Ethiopia…or just drive to this hidden gem situated in Vickery Meadow.

Order the veggie combo and coast on the flavor ride. The sour and spongy injera bread coupled with spiced veggies, fresh salad, and lentil mash is not only healthy, it’s downright tasty. There’s enough to feed multiple people which makes this the second cheapest option on the list

Pro tip: Call the lovely owner twenty minutes ahead and she’ll have the food ready to go by the time you arrive.

3. D’Vegan

Image via Happy Cow

Finding vegetarian noodle soups can prove to be a difficult task. Most come with meat or bone based broth. At D’Vegan, you can Pho-get (*badum-tss*) about your worries. This vegan Vietnamese hole in the wall fulfills anyone’s noodle needs. Slurpy, chewy noodles, fresh broth and textures to make you scream- the soups have it all.

Pro tip: Get the Bún bò Huế for the quintessential spicy noodle soup experience. Wash it down with a tart, salted lemonade to recreate a Vietnamese street stall experience.

4. Gurdwara Singh Sabha

Image via Gurdwara Garland

For those wanting a more immersive cultural experience, look no further than Gurdwara Singh Sabha. This place of worship for Sikhs, holds free lunch every Sunday. It’s an inclusive space that’s welcoming to folks from all backgrounds.

Pro tip: Serving starts around 11 a.m. and continues until 1 p.m. Get there earlier to avoid the afternoon rush.

Now that the map is configured, go forth and stuff your faces, my veggie-loving peers. Happy eating!

We are the SMU Team.