The 4 SMU Homecoming Perunas that Blew Judges Away

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

It’s Homecoming Week, which means that organizations all across campus have whipped out their art supplies and their school spirit for this festive week, from the glitter to the paint to the decorative feathers. Every organization is trying to best each other in all of these Homecoming competitions. Some are the sort that all schools seem to have (who can think of HoCo without thinking of a float competition, for instance?), but some are completely unique to SMU. One of these unique traditions is the Peruna painting contest, honoring the tiny horse who serves as our famous mascot (the only mascot to ever have killed another mascot. How’s that for badass?). We’ve brought to you the winning Perunas.

3rd Place

Kappa Alpha Theta and Phi Delta Theta

who tied with

Delta Delta Delta and Sigma Chi

2nd Place

Chi Omega and Beta Theta Pi

1st Place

Crum Commons

All photos by Eman Haque

Moriah is a Senior at Southern Methodist University majoring in English and Psychology. She is currently the Campus Correspondent of the HCSMU chapter, and has held the positions of Senior Editor, Profile Editor and Associate Editor. She is also a member of the Alpha Xi chapter of Gamma Phi Beta. She loves coffee and satire, and she is not a morning person.
Eman Haque is a freshman at Southern Methodist University currently studying on the Pre-Med Track. She has a huge passion for the arts and plans to double major with Art History. Her goal is to combine the two in a meaningful way to demonstrate the art in medicine. Some of her passions include traveling, photography, and drawing. Instagram: @emanhaque