This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

SMU men’s basketball was the last Division I team to lose this season, breaking their 18-game undefeated streak. After losing to Temple University, 89-80, the Mustangs no longer have a perfect run, but they are still one of the nation’s favorite underdog teams.

Despite NCAA sanctions banning SMU from postgame season, Larry Brown’s nine-game suspension and with junior guard Keith Frazier’s recent leave from the team, SMU is currently ranked No. 8 on ESPN’s 2016 Polls & Ranking list

Thus, looking at the brighter side of things, in chronological order, here are 18 highlights and memorable moments from SMU’s winning games so far in the 2015-2016 season.

1.  When SMU started off the season with a big win against Sam Houston State University, winning 85-50.

2.  SMU beat a string of top-tier universities in a row: Stanford, Yale and Brown during the month of November.

3.  SMU defeats long-time rival TCU, 75-70.

Courtesy of SMU Mustangs

4.  SMU crushes New Hampshire 98-44.

5.  During the SMU v. New Hampshire game SMU Mustangs guard Shake Milton has a breakout game with multiple points and assists.

Courtesy of Matthew Visinsky Photography

6.  Despite doubt from commentators, SMU wins against Michigan by large 82-58.

7.  Head coach Larry Brown returns after his nine-game suspension Dec. 18 in time for the upcoming Continental Tire Las Vegas Classic tournament.

Courtesy of YouTube

8.  SMU plays in the Continental Tire Las Vegas Classic host rounds against Nicholls and Hampton and wins, bringing them to the semi-finals.

9.  SMU wins against Kent State in the semi-finals.

10.  The Mustangs are crowned the 2015 Continental Tire Las Vegas Classic champions after beating Colorado 70-66. 

Courtesy of ESPN

11.  Jordan Tolbert (#23) is named to the all-tournament team after defeating the Colorado Buffaloes at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas.

Courtesy of ESPN

12.  SMU defeats Tulsa during the last game of the 2015 year, 81-69.

13.  To start off the 2016 year, SMU plays USF at Moody Coliseum. This is Larry Brown’s first game at home since the NCAA sanctions.

Courtesy of YouTube

14.  The Mustangs win by large against USF, 72-58.

15.  SMU plays against Cincinnati with only seven scholarship players after Keith Frazier leaves and Sterling Brown is ejected for leaving the bench.

16.  Within the final 3 1/2 minutes of the game, SMU rallies from a seven-point deficit to win 59-57.

Courtesy of Getty Images

17.  SMU continues its winning streak defeating UCF, East Carolina and Tulane.

18.  The SMU Mustangs prove that Dallas is the better city, defeating Houston by a close four points, 77-73.

Courtesy of USA Today Sports

Olivia is a Contributing Writer for Her Campus and a junior at Southern Methodist University. Her intended major is Journalism with a minor in Business Management. At SMU, she is the Managing Editor for SMU Campus Weekly and an associate for the Best Buddies program. In her free time, Olivia can be found eating sushi, cuddling her dog Arlow or working out. Be sure to follow her on Snapchat @livnguyen.
We are the SMU Team.