This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

With school work and stress levels at all time “highs” these days, I think we can all benefit from taking a break, kicking back, and throwing on some Netflix. Now depending on how much time you give yourself to relax, or what you’re in the mood to see, there are so many options. Here are just a few of my favorites.

45 Minute Shows:

1. Grey’s Anatomy: 

Whether you’ve committed to watching all 15 seasons on Netflix or not, you’re bound to see some gossip, medical drama, and a sense of urgency in any episode of Grey’s. The show is filled with cute doctors and emergency situations. For me, this is plenty to grab my attention. 

1. Gilmore Girls: 

This is a series that I just recently started watching, and now it is my go-to. The show tells the story of a mother daughter relationship, and the two are nothing short of best friends. The show is set in a small town, and there’s romance and high school drama in every episode. For me, it reminds me of my friendship with my mom who I miss very much being away at school!

20 Minute Shows:

1. The Office: 

If you’ve never seen The Office, that needs to be your priority. It’s the kind of show where you can watch any episode with no prior knowledge, and you’re guaranteed to laugh. Episodes are light, funny, and almost filled with “cringe” humor, but it works.

1. Friends: 

For me, this show is simply iconic. It’s set in New York City and follows the lives of six best friends. Their common meeting spot is a coffee shop called Central Perk, and everytime I watch the show, all I want is to be sitting on those couches having a cup of coffee with Joey and Phoebe.

These are just four of my favorite Netflix options. If you haven’t seen some of them, I highly recommend you check them out! Enjoy!

Media Studies, Journalism, and Digital Arts & Spanish double major with a Business Administration minor at Saint Michael's College in Colchester, VT. Member of the Varsity Women's Tennis Team, Student Athlete Advisory Committee, Honors Program, Founder's Society, Tour Guide, Book Award Recipient, and lector in the Chapel of Saint Michael the Archangel. One of two NE10 student athlete reps. 3.96 cumulative GPA. Dean's List Honoree every semester.
Jewelry maker and business owner at Homegrown Jewelry VT. Business Administration Major with a concentration in Entrepreneurship and an Economics Minor.