This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Monday: I wake up, tired, and drag myself to work, class, practice, homework. 

Tuesday: I wake up, tired, don’t have work today, yay, sit through class for three hours, practice, homework. 

Wednesday: Repeat of Monday 

Thursday: Repeat of Tuesday 

Friday: Finally it’s Friday, work, class, practice, hang out with roommates.  

Saturday: Gym, homework, hang out with roommates. 

Sunday: Practice, homework, dread Monday.  

My weekly routine.  

I’ve had this idea of living my life on a record that’s stuck on repeat. There must be more to this album.  

I’ve been craving a change to this cycle. This can’t be healthy. Sure there are a few stimulating moments during the week that distract me from waking up and doing the same thing every day. Maybe it’s the constant tie to my laptop. Logging on to Zoom, logging back on to do the homework assigned after Zoom. I even found myself unable to sit through a movie or show without pulling my laptop on and doing some type of work, because I constantly feel the cycle speeding up.  

The other day I broke. I need a change.  

I did what most people do when they need to feel refreshed. I cleaned my room, I ordered new decorations to give it a fresh feel. I decided to take it a step further and do some research. I bought some books to help me become more mindful and focus on myself. I even hung up some quotes in my room to inspire me. A friend gave me a crystal and I treated myself to a new candle to hopefully calm and center my thoughts. I am listening to calming music and nature sounds to be at peace. Deleted a distracting app off my phone, aka TikTok. Who knows how long that will last, but it is progress.  

I know I am new to this, but I think it will be good for me. Something to look forward to and get excited about.  

I don’t think I am alone in this feeling of drowning in the cycle. Hopefully, this inspires you to break out of the current and try something new.  

Business Major & MJD Minor Member of Women's Volleyball and Hope Happens Here
MA || VT || SMC Women's Soccer Player '21