jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Ways To Stay Focused And Sane During Exams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

For many of us midterms can be an extremely stressful time because exams, projects and papers. At times, it can almost seem as though there are not enough cups of coffee in the world to get you through it.  Here are some tips to keep you focused and sane during exam week.

1. Find a spot on campus (or off campus!) where you can stay focused. Go where you feel you can be the most productive and don’t worry about feeling left out from what other friends or classmates are doing

2. If there’s a study group or drop in tutor session, GO! Even if you just sit there for a little and don’t have any questions, it’s always good to listen to the thoughts of others because they could bring up things that you wouldn’t even think of

3. Get away from your books and do at least an hour of something fun or even exercise. Exercise or even just some sort of adventure outside can help to clear your mind. And if you’re musically or artistically gifted playing your instrument or drawing can also serve as a great form of stress relief

1. Make sure you’re eating at least twice a day, anything more than that is great, but eating is an essential part to staying focused and healthy

2. Invest in some vitamin C! Whether it be a glass of orange juice at breakfast, an airborne or emergen C packet or even some vitamin C pills, these small investments will boost your immune system and keep you going strong

3. Do something fun to celebrate! When you finally finish your exams TREAT YOURSELF because you deserve it!!

CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.