Sexual Assault Frustration With Saint Louis University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

This year, several student athletes at Saint Louis University have been charged with sexual assault against fellow students. With many students being survivors of sexual assault, and with many more at risk, I find it very disheartening that students are not receiving updates through the University. Instead, we must turn to personal Twitter accounts, or the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

We deserve to be emailed updates in regards to different sexual assault incidents on campus when they are available to us. Although much information must remain confidential to keep in accordance to Title IX policies, it is unfair to students who spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to attend a private, Jesuit education, and to be left in the dark on such threatening situations.

If you or someone you know need resources for reporting sexual assault or just talking through the incident in hopes to recover, there are resources for you. Please know that you are not alone, and that there are many ways to get through this. Only you have the choice on how you move forward from sexual assault. Here is a compiled list of both on-campus and off-campus resources to help you move forward, courtesy of the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity at Saint Louis University.

Intersectional feminist, classical literature appreciater, Game of Thrones fanatic, world traveler, and proud sorority woman.