This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

The whispered promise that I refuse to believe yet so desperately cling onto  

I wander through life grasping onto the rays of bright warm light of love that edges its way through the cracks  

Running from the demons that remind me that these eclipses of light are only that, temporary,

I cry out to those around me searching through the soft tissue of their heart hoping to get stuck in the folds and engulfed in their comfort.  

As I rack through the trauma that has taken control of my mind, I tuck away the moments of happiness  

I etched the words into my side  

The black ink a reminder that I am in fact loved  

That although I search desperately and feel as though I drown in the thoughts of rejection 

There are little murmurs from those I hold closest that they do love me 

That there is nothing that will end that acceptance 

That they hold me, the broken ceramic pieces in the palm of their hands and carefully put them back together  

Smile at the creation that they knew I was  

And say  

I love you.

Kateryna Gehlhaar is a senior nursing student at St Louis University. She enjoys exploring new places, reading romance novels, and having dance parties with her friends. One of her greatest passions is taking photos in her free time! She is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus chapter this year and to share some of her own stories and adventures.
Amasil is the President for SLU's Her Campus Chapter. She is a Biology major at Saint Louis University. Amasil enjoys writing poetry about the thoughts and concerns she has in her head, they are therapeutic in a way. Amasil loves goats, eating twice her weight in chocolate, and baking french macarons.