This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

1.     Do any of us actually know what a Billiken is?

2.     Calling Dr. Pestello “Freddy P” is normal (except never to his face).

3.     Seeing Freddy P on campus and feeling starstruck.

4.     SLU 101 was either a great experience or you hated it.

5.     Receiving DPS updates between SLU 101 and move-in and questioning your college decision.

6.     Envying the freshmen that will never know what it’s like to live in Gries because they got fancy, new dorms in Grand or Spring.

7.     You never have enough flex.

8.     You spend entirely too much money at Pickleman’s, especially after 1 am.

9.     You only wake up early to: register for classes, go to Soulard for Mardi Gras, or get free Bread Co. at Java with the Jesuits.

10.  Do any of us actually use our Alexa’s?

11.  When the weather is finally nice enough to study in the hammocks.

12.  New Pius/ATC vs. Pius vs. Lewis Annex vs. Library Annex

13.  Using the clocktower as a point of reference and meeting place.

14.  Being able to tell who is a freshman after welcome week because they all wear their new SLU lanyards and t-shirts.

15.  Being unnecessarily sad that the dolphin pond is moving.

16.  Feeling much safer crossing Grand by the BSC with the new brick crosswalks.

17.  The St. Louis/Chicago rivalry is ever-present.

18.  You probably know at least 3 people that were waitlisted at Wash U.

19.  The Arts and Science core?????

20.  Wondering why there isn’t a bathroom inside Grand dining hall?

21.  Most of your friends that live “off campus” actually just live across the street from campus.

22.  Saying hi to people on West Pine is your favorite pastime.

23.  RIP the John Cook School of Business.

24.  The longer you go here, the more Midwestern you become. Ope!

25.  Wondering why we don’t have a football team?

26.  Instead of “Panera,” you’ve slowly transitioned to calling it “Bread Co.”

27.  The people on your floor freshman year are still some of your best friends.

28.  Your mom researched St. Louis before you moved there and decided you were going to die within a week.

29.  Seeing the arch from campus and briefly feeling as if you’ve left the SLU bubble (it’s the little things).

30.  Acknowledging that at least $10,000 of your tuition goes towards the landscaping because campus is beautiful all year round.

31.  Seeing all the restaurants on Lindell and Laclede that are out of business and wondering what it must’ve been like to eat something other than Qdoba or Subway.

Lauren Kinder is a senior at Saint Louis University studying communication and marketing. She is passionate about St. Louis, social justice, storytelling, strong coffee, and singing in the car.