Top November Events

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

November already?  As the semester winds down, be sure to take advantage of all the special events going on at Skidmore and in downtown Saratoga.

Beatlemore Skidmania

Friday, Nov. 16, 8pm & Saturday, Nov. 17, 2pm, Zankel Music Center, $3

Don’t miss out on Skidmore’s annual tribute to The Beatles!  Listen to students perform classic favorites as they celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Fab Four’s first recording.   

Workshop: Learning to Vogue

Thursday, Nov.29, 5-6:30pm or 7-8:30pm, Tang Museum.  Call (518) 580-8080 to register.

Strike a pose!  The talented Benny Ninja, who you might know from America’s Next Top Model, will be on campus conducting a workshop on vogueing and posing.  Be sure to contact the Tang now to reserve your spot-we’re sure this will be a popular event!

Saratoga Tree Lighting Ceremony

Wednesday, Nov. 28, 7pm.  Free admission.

Head downtown to kick-off the holiday season with Saratoga’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony.  There will be free hot chocolate and cookies for you to enjoy while taking in the beautiful tree!

The 8th Annual Saratoga Restaurant Week

Friday, Nov. 30 through Thursday, Dec. 6.

Enjoy a three-course meal at a variety of Saratoga eateries for $10, $20, or $30.  Grab some friends and head downtown to participating restaurants.  Don’t forget to leave room for dessert!

Saratoga Springs Victorian Streetwalk

Thursday, Nov. 29, 6-10pm.  Free admission.

While you’re downtown admiring the tree, check out the 26th Annual Victorian Streetwalk.  As you stroll through the streets of Saratoga, you’ll encounter carolers and entertainers dressed in period costumes to help get you in the holiday spirit.

Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”

Friday, Nov. 16-Sunday, Nov. 18 and Thursday, Nov. 29-Sunday, Dec. 2.  Thursday-Saturday performances at 8pm, Sunday matinees at 2, JKB Theater.  $8

Magic, fairies, and donkeys, oh my! Come out to see Skidmore students perform one of Shakespeare’s most celebrated comedies, “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.”

The Muse at Home

Nov. 1-Dec. 30, Schick Gallery.

The Tang’s latest exhibit features a range of works owned by Skidmore faculty and staff.  Go and ponder what draws individuals to particular works of art while exploring this special collection. 

International Trivia Night

Thursday, Nov. 16 from 8-10pm, The Spa.

Take a study break and celebrate Education Week by participating in International Trivia Night!  Join members of the campus community in the Spa for food, music, and prizes. 

Her Campus Tie Dye Bake Sale benefitting She’s the First

Friday, Nov. 17 from 12-2:30.

Taste delicious tie-dye cupcakes baked by the HC staff.  All proceeds will benefit She’s the First, a non-profit dedicated to helping girls in developing countries receive educations. 

Photo credit for Victorian Streetwalk carolers: Nippertown.com

Audrey is a class of 2013 English major at Skidmore College. She has held several communications internships in her hometown of Nashville, TN, including ones at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, Nissan's North American Headquarters, and at Katcher Vaughn and Bailey Public Relations. In her free time, she loves to bake for family and friends, exercise by swimming, and loves all things Parisian. Audrey can't wait to continue her journalism experience with Her Campus as a campus correspondent. Having lived in Nashville, France and New York, Audrey has found a love for travel, and hopes to discover a new city after Skidmore where she plans to continue onto law school.