Campus Cutie: Rachel Caldwell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Name: Rachel Caldwell

Major(s): English and International Affairs

Hometown: Orange County, California

Her Campus: What was your nickname as a child?

Rachel: My dad used to (and still does) call me Taz, like the Tazmanian devil in Looney Tunes. Still confused why though, because I’m a total angel. O:)

Her Campus: What is your most played song right now?

Rachel: Hmmm…that’s a tough one. I’m always looking for new music that makes me want to dance! I really love the new Beyoncé song. I mean hello, it’s Beyoncé, how could you not.

Her Campus: What is your favorite way to procrastinate?

Rachel: Netflix and chill…by myself. Also I’ll take a nap. Or 3. Also, if I get stressed out I’ll take a shower! It always helps.

Her Campus: If you could be anything, what would you be?

Rachel: When I was little I wanted to be an Olympic horseback rider, a famous singer, actor, and professional nail painter. Not one of those things- ALL of those things. Clearly I had my priorities straight then and pretty much nothing has changed.

Her Campus: If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Rachel: Can I say Asian food? Is that a cop out? I’m obsessed with all Asian food. Sushi, dim sum, Chinese, Thai, you name it. But if I had to choose just ONE thing, it would probably be cold pizza.

Her Campus: Who is your celebrity crush?

Rachel: Channing Tatum will always have my heart.

Her Campus: Do you have a secret talent?

Rachel: It wouldn’t be a secret if I told you! :)

Her Campus: What is your favorite thing about Skidmore?

Rachel: Wow, so many things are wonderful about skid. My best friends, the professors, the events, the town. I would say the fact that it’s turned into my home is my favorite. It’ll make it that much harder to leave, which makes me feel better in a way, because it will be so hard means that it meant that much to me.

A senior at Skidmore College, who loves beagles, batman, and sushi. You can find me dreaming about Anderson Cooper and doing crossword puzzles.