Campus Celeb: Yogi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

We sat down with Yogi, the six year old Yorkie Poo and Instagram celeb. You may have seen him roaming campus or perhaps making a cameo in the Sonnets and Bandersnatchers latest performance. Check out this interview to learn more about this cute canine. 

Her Campus: Tell us about yourself.

Yogi: I’m a simple man, really. I love naps and long walks. I don’t speak much, but when I do, it means I have something to say. I appreciate the smaller moments in life, like a dropped french fry or getting off leash for a few minutes. I get along with pretty much everyone, and there’s not much that upsets me (except for fireworks, thunder, and when someone tries to clean my teeth). I’m a sucker for a good book and someone to cuddle with.

Her Campus: What does a day in the life of Yogi look like?

Yogi: Mom and I like to sleep in on the days we can; a perfect morning for me starts at around 11 AM. We go for a walk together, sometimes get a little exercise with my stuffed raccoon and Waboba ball. I usually catch up on some homework and TV while mom’s in class (Friends is my favorite). We usually take a joint nap when she gets home, around 4-7 PM, then wake up for dinner with our housemates. Weekends are my favorite, because we get to go out and adventure. We also take a lot of long drives.

Her Campus: What’s your favorite past time?

Yogi: Belly rubs. I will roll over for anyone. I also love going on walks with new friends.

Her Campus: What’s your favorite place in the world?

Yogi: I have three favorite spots: mom’s bed, under mom’s bed, and my giant bean bag chair.

Her Campus: If you could only eat one thing for the rest or your life, what would it be?

Yogi: Cucumbers, hands down. I go crazy for them. Whenever I smell them, I just lose control and start whining and dancing on my back legs. I’ve heard other dogs lose it over steak and chicken, which, don’t get me wrong, are both great snacks, but I’m a veggie-man through and through.

Her Campus: What’s something that most people don’t know about you?

Yogi: Hmm, I guess that I’m a hardcore feminist. My middle initial, “P,” doesn’t actually stand for anything, but I go by a lot of nicknamed (Yogus, GÜG, Chunker [but don’t worry, I love my body], Monkey). And that I can get pretty crazy around playtime.  

Her Campus: Seeing as you’re graduating this year, what pearls of wisdom can you give to fellow peers and pooches alike?

Yogi: Never stop believing in yourself; dogs can go to college, too, if they work hard enough and stay focused.

Her Campus: Any final words you’d like to add?

Yogi: Don’t be afraid to come up and say hi to me on campus; I love meeting my fans!

Follow Yogi on Instagram @yogiuncensored to keep up to date on his adventures.  

A senior at Skidmore College, who loves beagles, batman, and sushi. You can find me dreaming about Anderson Cooper and doing crossword puzzles.