This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Name: Gail Podlesny

Year: Sophomore

Major: Accounting

Hometown: Fredericksburg, VA

Involvement on Campus: Delta Sigma Pi, Ignite Coordinator, Spark Leader, CLC Leader, Accounting Society, Business Leadership Council

Her Campus: Being an out-of-state SJU student, how did you feel being in “Eagles town” as they won the Super Bowl?

Gail Podlesny: Being in Philly for the Super Bowl was SPECTACULAR. My best friends here are Eagles fans so it was fun to see them and how excited they were. Also, Torrey Smith, a wide receiver for the Eagles went to my high school, so I was cheering him on along with my community from back home.

HC: Favorite Campion option?

GP: Grilled Cheese

HC: Favorite current song?

GP: Go Flex – Post Malone (slightly embarrassed by this choice, but I just really love this song)

HC: If anyone knows you they know how much you love the library. How many hours a week do you actually spend there, and what’s your favorite study spot?

GP: The hours I spend in the library vary from week to week, but I’d say probably around at least 10. My favorite spot is on the Second Floor Old Side Quiet Section, sitting at one of the tables that looks out over Barb.

HC: You were recently a coordinator and leader on the Ignite retreat! Tell us how the retreat went and one important thing you learned while leading.

GP: I went on Ignite my freshman year and it was one of the most impactful experiences I have ever had, so when I was asked to coordinate Ignite this year I couldn’t say no! I wanted to help freshmen have the same experience I did. I learned a lot about giving up control from this experience. I tend to be a big planner and I get stressed when things don’t go according to plan, but on Ignite I learned that sometimes going off schedule can be a great thing, and I don’t have to control everything in order for it to go well.

HC: What has been the most rewarding thing about leading a CLC (Christian Life Community) through campus ministry?

GP: The most rewarding thing about being a CLC leader has been seeing the students in my group become best friends. A CLC is all about building a community fostered by intentional relationships, and I think that is exactly what that space has become for both myself and the freshmen. It is something I look forward to every week, and I hope the freshmen can say the same.

Make sure you say hi to Gail if you see her on campus!!!

HCXO,

Gianna