This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

So what’s the deal with celery juice?

If you’re anything like me and are an Instagram addict (i.e. you follow countless celebrities, influencers, random health people), then i’m sure you’ve seen celebs such as these that are posting their praises to this weird sounding drink. Celebs like Courtney Cox, Kim Kardashian, Pharell, Miranda Kerr are all huge adopters of the celery juice trend laid out by an instagram health account called Medical Medium.

Photo credit: @medicalmedium on instagram.

The  Medical Medium has pretty much dedicated his entire instagram account to the health benefits are celery juice. Most commonly posted are peoples’ transformations after drinking this juice for x number of days. The benefits featured and pictured on the page include acne clearing transformations, psoriasis, eczema, weight loss, a cure for acid reflux and many more. Here are some of the transformation posts:

There are also tons of testimonials about how drinking celery juice cleared up undiagnosable illnesses, helped with cancer, extreme psoriasis and even stress and anxiety. Me, being nosy decided to stalk the medical mediums blog page and I took a deeper look into the benefits of this chunky green juice.

Medicalmedium.com lists the 10 benefits of celery juice.

1. It helps with critical acid reflux.

2. It helps autoimmune diseases with celery sodium cluster salts that can flush out pathogens.

3. It can help restore adrenal glands

4. It acts as an antiseptic and can reverse illnesses.

5. It neutralizes and flushes out liver toxins.

6. Eradicates strep bacteria.

7. Kills shingles viruses.

8. Purges a slow liver.

9. Helps with stomach acid and bloating.

10. Strengthens the liver and repairs

The medical medium’s page also instructs on how to get these crazy benefits from drinking celery juice. According to the website, drinking 16 ounces of straight celery juice on an empty stomach every morning gives you the wonderful benefits of celery juice! It’s also suggested to use organic celery and fresh celery to get the full vitamins and helpful compounds.

If this interests you you can read more at: http://www.medicalmedium.com/medical-medium-celery-juice-movement.htm

Saint Joseph's University Campus Correspondent