Meet our Campus Spotlight: Sam Zimmerman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Campus Spotlight: Sam Zimmerman

Name: Samantha Zimmerman

Class: Senior

Hometown: Randolph, NJ

Major/minor: Food Marketing Major and Spanish Minor

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

Sam: I am the VP of membership for the professional business fraternity, Alpha Kappa Psi.  I am also a member of the food marketing association and an active member of the club swim team.

HC: What is your most memorable experience at SJU?

Sam: I loved the process of bringing AKPSI to campus! It is so rewarding to say that I am a part of establishing the chapter here at Saint Joe’s.  I was also able to get close with so many great people, which really makes the experience worth it.

HC: What is your most fun memory of senior year so far?

Sam: Definitely parents weekend this year with my roommates.  All of our parents came to the house, and we had a huge dinner together.  I’m most excited to finish the semester with my roommates, but I really don’t want it to end.

HC: Do you have a favorite spot on campus or off campus?

Sam: I love sitting on she stairs outside of the lib on a nice spring day.  Off campus, I love brew pub Manayunk, especially going there on sunny Saturday afternoons.  

HC: What are 3 things you can’t live without?

Sam: Definitely avocados, the Mamma Mia soundtrack, and facemasks.

HC: Do you have any advice for freshman?

Sam: I would say to get involved with as many groups or clubs as possible. If you break outside your boundaries, you’ll find a unique and diverse group of friends.  Knowing so many great people on campus is what makes Saint Joe’s such a fun place to be.

Saint Joseph's University Campus Correspondent