Campus Spotlight: Ally Lopes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Name: Ally Lopes

Class: Junior    

Major: Early Childhood Education

Hometown: Moorestown, New Jersey

This week’s Campus Spotlight is our very own Ally Lopes! Ally is an editor for our SJU Her Campus Team. Ally is friendly, kind, and the most fashionable person I know. Find out more about her below!

HC: Besides Her Campus, what else are you involved in or like to do in your spare time?

Besides Her Campus, I am the on-campus chair for the Student Union Board and a member of Kappa Delta Pi. In my spare time, I enjoy tap dancing and doing yoga. I also love shopping and posting on my lifestyle blog, Mindfully Ally.

HC: Where is your favorite place to hang out on campus?

My favorite place to hang out on campus is Starbucks and the library. I spend a lot of time doing homework in my room, but when I want to socialize, the library is the place to be.

HC: What are you most looking forward to this year?

This year, I am looking forward to pursuing my interests in fashion and health. I really would like to intern somewhere in Philadelphia or New York that allows me to learn more about fashion or allows me to inspire others to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

HC: Do you have any advice for girls interesting in writing for Her Campus or their own blogs?

Be yourself! Find a topic that you love and share your ideas with the world. Nothing feels like work when you’re doing something that you enjoy. It requires a lot of patience to start a blog because at times it feels like you’re the only one who ever reads it, especially in the beginning. But, a positive mind leads to positive outcomes, so have faith in yourself and be confident in what you do.

HCXO,

Melissa