Amelia Kramer-Typewriter Vintage Antique Store
Amelia Kramer / Her Campus
Wellness > Health

What To Do When You’re Under Quarantine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

As we are all aware, it’s quite a scary time right now. For me personally, I am considered a high-risk person, so I am under strict self-quarantine to keep myself from getting sick. Now this is easy for me, considering I’m a major introvert and prefer isolating myself anyway, but I know many of you like to go outside and hang out with friends and are having a hard time with quarantine, so here are some suggestions to help pass the time.

1. Netflix Party

Netflix Party is a Chrome extension that allows multiple people to watch the same thing in sync. It includes a chat window, so everyone can talk while watching whatever it is you are watching. This is a perfect way to continue having your movie nights with your friends without leaving your house.

2. Movie Marathon

This is one of my favorite things to do. I grab about five or six of my favorite movies and get comfortable. I usually grab food between movies, but most of the time, I don’t really get food unless I really want it. I know food is scarce nowadays because of the hoarding, but if you can snack, then you should.

3. Group FaceTime

I absolutely love FaceTimeing my friends. I can go hours upon hours of talking to them this way. It helps keep in contact with them and see their face, even though I am not physically with them.

4. Read

Reading has always been one of my favorite things. I like physical books, but if you are more of an online reader, you can use the Kindle app which is available for iOS, Android, Mac, and PC. iPhones also have the Apple Books app. If you need anything to read, here is the link for my other article on book recommendations.

5. Paint

I preferably love watercolor, but I also like to use acrylic as well. Most people already have the supplies so if you do, this is definitely something you can do. I like to look at real pictures and copy as well as I can when it comes to acrylic paints. With watercolor, I like to do what I can, but most of the time I follow YouTube tutorials because I usually don’t know how to work the watercolor. 

Whatever it is you plan on doing, please be safe and courteous of others. Stay safe everyone.

Hi! My name is Gabriella, but I go by Gabbie. I’m a sophomore at San Jose State University as a double major in Journalism and Political Science. I hope to use my degree in helping the world become a better place. In the SJSU chapter, I am the senior editor for the magazine.
Attending San Jose State University and majoring in marketing. I am a nature child who believes that traveling the world, meeting new people, eating good food, and embracing other cultures is a vital part of life. I enjoy painting, hammocking, and exploring Pinterest whenever I get the chance. Find me on Instagram @camytotah