This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

In a world where pop culture constantly evolves, there’s a fascinating intersection where our love for food meets our passion for pop culture. Our favorite forms of entertainment often have a delightful way of making their way into our kitchens. 

Recently, I have been on a hunting spree for new delicious recipes to incorporate into my daily consumption. So, grab your apron and cooking utensils as I take you on a culinary adventure of my favorite pop culture recipes. 

The Jennifer Aniston Salad

We’ve all watched the hit television sitcom “Friends,” right? Did you know that Jennifer Aniston, the actress who plays Rachel Green, ate the same salad daily throughout the ten years of filming “Friends?”

Originating from the health-conscious lifestyle of Aniston, this salad embodies simplicity and freshness. The salad symbolizes her dedication to wellness and clean eating, making it an appealing option for those looking to maintain a balanced and nutritious diet.

The Jennifer Aniston salad offers a plethora of health benefits. Some notable advantages to regularly eating the salad include preventing diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. Moreover, the salad positively aids your digestive and heart health. 

Making the Jennifer Aniston salad is a straightforward process that anyone can master. It is also a dish that can be customized to your liking. As someone who makes this salad monthly, I will share how I assemble my version of the Jennifer Aniston salad.

First, you need to cook quinoa. Quinoa is the main ingredient of the salad. Once you have cooked your quinoa, chop up the following and add to the mixing bowl: cucumber, red onion, parsley, and mint leaves. Then, add chickpeas, crumbled feta cheese, salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil, and lemon. Mix it all together, and enjoy!

BTS’ Hwachae

If you are a fan of the sensational K-pop group BTS or an avid watcher of their web series “BTS In the Scoop,” you have seen the viral clip of the boy band making the Korean dish, hwachae. 

Hwachae is a traditional Korean fruit beverage served cold. It is the perfect drink to combat the heat waves that are present during the summer. 

Hwachae sharing encourages community and social ties among friends and family. The refreshment is frequently offered during gatherings and festivals in Korean culture to represent harmonious joy. 

Hwachae is a delicious beverage and a treasured tradition because of the social component of intake, which adds a unique and significant depth to the experience. 

To make hwachae, you need to scoop out watermelon chunks and add them to a watermelon shell. Then, add canned white peaches, milk, lemon-lime soda, and sugar. Once everything is added, mix it all up and enjoy your delicious summertime refreshment. 

Oprah Winfrey’s Deviled Eggs

OK, am I alone in the belief that every season is deviled egg season? Consider this: they are the most awaited dish at Easter brunches, are the ideal New Year’s Eve party snack, and are a scrumptious Christmas appetizer. 

However, deviled eggs during the summer are the best treat you can give yourself. They are a delightful treat for a barbecue, picnic, or potluck on a sunny day. 

While deviled eggs have always been a well-known dish, dating back to ancient Rome, TV personality and media mogul Oprah Winfrey popularized a specific recipe that won the hearts of many home-cooking fans.

Making Oprah Winfrey’s famous deviled eggs will be a breeze if you know how to cook hard-boiled eggs. Making hard-boiled eggs is the first step in making deviled eggs. After that, split each egg in half lengthwise and scoop the yolk into a mixing bowl. Then, fill the egg white halves with the yolk mixture, add paprika and parsley, and refrigerate for an hour before serving. 

What is your favorite pop culture-based dish? Let us know @HerCampusSJSU

Hey everyone! I'm Annabella, a second-year majoring in English - Creative Writing. My favorite types of articles to write are pop culture/entertainment and advice columns. Some of my favorite pieces are "Exploring My Favorite Female-Written Memoirs," "Tim Burton: The Unconventional Filmmaker," and "Unpacking The Misrepresentation of the Latinx Community in Films."