Wellness

Why You Should Stop Stressing Over The Future

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJC chapter.

If you’re reading this, you’re probably stressing over the future. Whether it be what you will change your major to, finding a partner, or where you might work this summer. STOP. Life comes naturally and stressing won’t make anything change faster.

I’m not gonna lie, I used to live my life planning each and every aspect of my future. I knew who I was going to marry, where I would live, my profession and what I would name each of my kids. As I grew I started to notice and become disappointed when nothing was going according to that plan.

(Photo: Kristopher Roller, Unsplash)

There really is no telling where you will be in the next 10 years. So if you think about it, worrying about what is to come is pointless and using up your energy to have fun and simply live.

My advice to you is to live in the moment and take life by the day; this way, there are no expectations and each day is a new adventure.

Making each moment the best moment sets you up for an amazing future. As I’ve always been told; “The best things in life are usually unplanned”.

Born and raised in Gardiner, Maine. Currently Studying Nursing at St. Joseph's College of Maine.