This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

Oversized Green Button-Up – This flowy top from American Eagle is the multifaceted closet addition you’ve been searching for. The lightweight fabric provides all the protection and practicality of a spring coat, while the boho look offers the comfort and style of a cardigan. Don’t let tops like these limit you to shirts and layers – try belting it and throwing on a pair of tights for a casual dress.

Denim Frayed Shorts – Everyone needs a pair of blue-jean shorts (well these aren’t exactly blue, but you get the point!) Although it may be tempting to go for the Forever 21 and H&M $5 denim sales, the secret to a timeless pair of shorts is shelling out a few extra dollars for a high quality pair that’ll last you years in the long-run. Check out Levi’s and Wranglers for a pair you can trust you’ll get your money’s worth for!

Cropped White Tank – Of course you can’t have a denim staple without a white tank top on deck! This reworked classic top is light, fun, and effortlessly paired with just about any pair of slacks. With summer just around the corner, the cropped fit is a perfect way to beat the heat and experiment with high waisted bottoms!

Brown Leather Belt – Even when you don’t need one, belts add a colorful flare to any outfit, denim especially. My advice would be to check out the nearest goodwill before hitting any off-the-rack stores, as real leather belts can be pricey and people are always donating them in great condition to local thrift stores.

Diamond Choker – The diamonds on this necklace may be fake, but the royal accessory vibes you’ll get from wearing them are all too real. Adding a bit of shine to your neckline is the perfect contrast for a plain white tank and an overall simple look, but feel free to channel your inner ritz and go all out with bedazzled jewelry on any occasion.  

Helen Ruhlin

Simmons '21

Second-year student from Maine at Simmons University. Currently undeclared, usually lost, perpetually happy!