This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

Zara Glen Check Trousers – Trying to limit your closet to practical items that suit your age range can be difficult in college. Patterned trousers are the perfect addition to your closet because they’re business enough for jobs and internships, can be dressed down for trendy comfort in class, and dressed up for social outings! Some great places to checkout trousers are Urban Outfitters, ASOS, Top Shop, and of course Zara.

Forever 21 White Cropped Henley – I actually bought this shirt four years ago during my sophomore year of high school, (so props to F21 for the fabric longevity!) but it’s still white as ever and balances out high waisted skirts and pants superbly when you don’t feel like tucking in your top.

Tan Teddy Coat – If you think you’ve seen ten different people in the same tan, cozy jacket lately, you’re not crazy, they’re just that popular! Teddy coats have taken the fashion world by storm recently, and for good reason. The oversized outerwear provides an effortless chic layer to simple color palettes,  all while keeping you warm!

Nordstrom Choker – Many are ready to scrap the choker trend, but the fun necklace accessory is alive and well in my book. Although I prefer a simple choker (hence my record of gold-only jewelry), be sure to play around with all the fun colors and materials fashion brands are coming out with!

P.S. Forever 21 almost always has $1 choker deals in-store and online!

Black Timberland Boots – These industrial-style Timbs are chunky yet super lightweight, making them the perfect completion to skinny jeans or cigarette trousers like these.

JCrew Earmuffs – There’s not much worse than ruining a great hair day by pulling a winter hat over your head, but sometimes it’s just too cold for glam. With earmuffs you don’t have to worry about wrecking your mane on the freezing walk to class, and you can look super cute while you’re at it!

Helen Ruhlin

Simmons '21

Second-year student from Maine at Simmons University. Currently undeclared, usually lost, perpetually happy!