9 Reasons Why Jersey Shore is the Best Reality TV Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

Since quarantine started, I decided to binge watch the MTV reality show Jersey Shore. After watching multiple episodes, I compiled a list as to why it is one of the best reality television shows that have hit American television. 

1. The nicknames

Not every person on Jersey Shore has a nickname, but is there a better nickname for Mike Sorrentino than “The Situation”? He absolutely loves saying “looks like we’re going to have a situation”. It’s the perfect nickname for him! Not to mention, Snooki, JWoww and Sweetheart? I love all those nicknames, especially because they were given before Jersey Shore started.

2. The Shore house

It is now my dream to get a house with 7 other people. I really love the quirks that the Shore house has to offer. The duck phone? The Italian flag garage? Is there a house more iconic?

According to www.shorestore.com , you can take tours of the Shore house!

3. Pauly D

There is no person on Jersey Shore who has more catchphrases. Despite being the oldest in the group, Pauly is extremely protective over his friends and says some of the funniest things on the show. Pauly and Vinny’s relationship is unlike any other, especially because they are the oldest and youngest in the house respectively. Pauly also has more to him than just being a guido-he’s also a dj! You can find DJ Pauly D in Vegas now.

4. Their love for each other

Although the show tends to focus on the drama between everyone, my favorite moments are always when they make up and stick together. At the end of Season 1, they all reflect on the memories and fun they shared together. Despite all the arguments, they are always there for one another. 

5. Angelina and Deena

I think it is safe to say that Angelina is everyone’s least favorite in Jersey Shore. Whether it’s putting all of her stuff in trash bags, not showing up for work at the Shore Store, or just causing unnecessary drama, she will always be remembered as that person from the show. After a few seasons, Angelina was replaced with Deena. Deena is much more favorable, fun, and friendly compared to Angelina. Deena is always down for a good time, and her friendship with Snooki created the meatballs.

6. The catchphrases

“CABS ARE HERE”, “RAHN STAHP”, FTD, GFA, DTS, “YEAH BUDDY!”, “LOOKS LIKE WE GOT A SITUATION”, “UM HELLO?”, “MVP- MIKE, VINNY, PAULY”, “GTL- GYM, TAN, LAUNDRY”, “BUSTED”, “THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE”, “NEVER FALL IN LOVE AT THE JERSEY SHORE”, and “GO VINNY! GO VINNY!” just to name a few…

7. The dance moves at the club

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJDfXyKK/ This TikTok sums it up. 

8. Their transformations post-Jersey Shore and Their New Identities on Family Vacation

The cast of Jersey Shore have all gone down similar roads. Most of the original cast continued with the spin-off, Family Vacation. Sammi was the only one who decided against the spin-off, but Sammi is now in a much better place. Although her and Ronnie had a rocky, on and off relationship, she has grown tremendously as a person. She is now focused on her own personal health and well-being and doing what makes her happy. I am beyond proud of her. 

That said, most of the cast are parents now. Snooki, Ronnie, Pauly D, JWoww, and Deena all have kids. Snooki, Ronnie, Mike, JWoww and Deena have all been married as well. They’ve really grown up as people and took directions on their own. 

Vinny and Pauly D work in Vegas. Vinny dances while Pauly DJ’s at different clubs and events. Vinny also has written two books. 

9. The outfits

Although cheetah print is back in style, fluffy boots, neon, and super poofy hair aren’t in anymore. Even the outfits on Pauly, Ronnie, Mike, and Vinny seem outdated. Pauly and Mike are massive sneakerheads, with sneakers that I had in middle school. I can’t believe just how long ago that was!

Hi! I'm Sydney and I am a sophomore at Simmons University. I love gymnastics, cooking and reality television.