rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways to Get Through a Class You Hate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

Already stressed about the semester? Already have a class you hate, but you have to take? Don’t worry, we’ve all been there. Here are 5 quick tips to turn your frown, upside down and make that class worth while.

1. If you have choice in your assignment, make it on a topic that you actually care about. The content in the class can be dry and boring. When you add your passion to it, you may find that you don’t mind doing the work.

2. Be productive during class. If you are allowed to use your laptop, do the homework that is due for next class while you are learning the new material. That way you are retaining the material, but getting work done. The less time you spend on the homework later, the happier you will be.

3. Vent about it to your classmates. Talking about your problems relieves stress from your terrible experience. More likely than not, they are having the same thoughts as you. This common factor can truly bond your friend group.

4. Talk to your advisor. Your advisor knows exactly what courses you are taking and the professor you are taking it with. They might shed some advice on how to interact with that professor, or better yet, talk to the professor for you. This conversation might lead to a change in how your class is being run; maybe it would even end up more fun!

5. Communicate with your professor. They want your feedback. Explain that you want to learn, but you are having trouble focusing and connecting with the material. As long as you are respectful, your professor will listen to you.

I am a fan of experiences. I love to expand my knowledge anyway possible, whether that is traveling, attending a new class, writing an article for Her Campus, or on the soccer field. I'm determined to experience every aspect that life has to offer.