This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

1. Your Voice

There’s a reason you find yourself saying clichés on the daily— they’re true. Having a place to really write what YOU want and how YOU see the world is empowering. The main reason you’re skeptical of joining is because “you’re not a writer.” Fun fact: Most of us aren’t. Coming into this, you’ve probably had experience with writing 120 characters or less, and essays about MacBeth. Why not see what it’s like to write about anything or everything. You’ll be amazed to discover what you’re really capable of and passionate about.

2. Confidence

We all care what other people think of us and what opinions are forming when reading an Instagram caption or an article (even though we all pretend not to). Posting that first official article is scary. But be the person that went for it. The one where people think, wow, they’re fearless. Over time, you’ll see this impact your self esteem offline too.

3. Opportunities

Who doesn’t want the opportunity to attend HerConference and visit a mansion designed just for Rosé and Insta-worthy pics? What else is a mansion for?

4. People

It’s nice to have familiar faces that you can at least say “hi” to around campus that you wouldn’t have met otherwise. Each person is involved in a different amount/ way. We all bring our own personality and quirks to the table. You don’t have to write every week either. You can write when you want. It’s all up to you.

5. SWAG

And now to quote the wise Wiz Khalifa “Ooh, I got so much swag that the people at the airport don’t even wanna touch my bag. ” That’s the level of swag you can receive FOR FREE. College students= trying to get good free stuff & HerCampus = free stuff; therefore, college students = Her Campus