This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

As many of you know, Boston is a huge foodie town. With every turn, there’s a new restaurant staring into your soul, or stomach for that matter. If you’re like us though, it’s not the meal that catches your attention, it’s the ice cream. Lactose intolerances included, who does not love a frozen treat? So when you are in need of a sweet surprise (so most of the time), here are our top 5 recommendations!    

1. JP Licks

JP Licks is one of our personal favorites. The flavors are so original and there’s something for everyone. From smoothies to coffee and ice cream galore, we’re sure you’ll find something that cures your sweet tooth.

Recommendation: Peanut butter cookies and cream ice cream.       

2.  Emack & Bolio’s 

A very close second to JP Licks is Emack & Bolio’s. Not only are they known for their delicious flavors, they’re famous for their custom cones. They come in a variety of flavors including chocolate dip, marshmallow, rice crispy, Fruity Pebble and more! If ice cream isn’t suiting your fancy they have smoothies, frozen yogurt, fudge, shakes, and floats as well! You really can’t go wrong!

Recommendation: S’moreo

3. Amorino Gelato 

Care to switch it up? Okay, so gelato isn’t ice cream but it’s just as good, if not better! Amorino’s is one of our go-to’s. We love the richness and flavor they pack into their dessert. If the taste doesn’t tell you, the display surely will. If you get your gelato in a cone, it’s displayed like a flower, each petal a different flavor. This trip is very insta-worthy!

Recommendation: Hazelnut Chocolate.

4.   Hydian   

Hylian may be a small hole-in-the-wall but there’s nothing small about their frozen yogurt portions! You get the choice between a chocolate or vanilla base and can add as many toppings as you want to mix it with. The combinations are endless and oh so delicious.

Recommendation: Vanilla fro-yo with mango and white chocolate

4.  Target

For those of you who like to get the most bang for your buck, consider Target! There are always sales going on for ice cream and frozen yogurt. Whether it’s a pint of Ben and Jerry’s or a quart of Market Pantries finest ice cream, you can’t go wrong. If you’re trying to watch your figure, check out Halo Top ice cream. It’s low calorie, low sugar and high in protein, making the trip even more worth it!

Recommendation: Ben and Jerry’s  

Good luck choosing your next ice cream destination! Hopefully, this list helps!  

21 years old • Maine • Fourth year exercise science student with dreams of becoming a physical therapist